Life and faith issues can vary from person to person and region to region. These are my takes on these issues from a rural perspective as God has blessed me to live and serve in rural areas for much of my life.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share your own!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Anxiety Relieved and Ambition Renewed

I enjoyed a great day at church yesterday.  I went to Sanford Baptist yesterday morning and was able to hear one of Paige's cousins preach and his passion for the gospel was palpable as he proclaimed what God had put on his heart.  It is good to see that which i feel within me alive and embraced in the lives of others.  While I would love to be super spiritual enough for that to have made my day, it is not what did it for me.  On the first Sunday since 07 that I did not have a place to preach I was invited to preach 4 times.  You may not see why that is so blogworthy but it is because when you are called to preach and you have nowhere to do it that can be a monumental struggle and was in my life for the last several days.  As always God came through for me.  At just the right time with just what I needed.  While I still do not have a job or what appears to be an imminent lead God has shown me the next step and I am happy for that and it is enough for me.

On another front I am in the process of reading Rescuing Ambition by Dave Harvey, and his discussion of Christ's perfect life and obedient death imparting to me God's approval so that I would no longer feel the need for man's approval is completely freeing.  Christ by being perfectly obedient paid the price for me that God might be able to approve of me, now that I have His approval who cares about anyone elses?  Now this is not a license to sin and be careless and insensitive but it is inspiration for me to dream big no matter what men might say, not for my glory but solely for the one who has made me whole.  This should make life interesting on the next few miles of this my rural route to righteousness as i dream and strive to do great things for God's glory.  Even if I fall short of my plans by shooting for the moon I shall surely land amongst the stars.  God's Grace and Peace to you and through you to all men.

No comments:

Post a Comment